Old, vintage, historical book archives at the Morwell Historical Society

Bennett’s Creek School No.2202

A Journey in Time – A Resource for Local History

Bennett’s Creek School No.2202

This school was opened on 27th October 1879, it was originally known as Hazelwood North School.

The name was changed to Bennett’s Creek in 1889. From 1885 to 1898 the school was placed on a half-time basis, firstly with Hazelwood North school No. 2382, (originally called Maryvale East) then with Jeeralang School No.3004. Full-time status was regained in 1898 but the school was closed permanently in 1903.

The school building was removed in 1904 and the site was sold to Mr. John Larkin in 1906.


1879-1881William Francis
1881-1883Daniel Aherne
1883-1884Amy M. Bock
1884-1888Richard Jope
1888-1889John N. Smith
1889-1892Paul Shugg
1892-1895Elizabeth Davies
1896-1897John W. Johnston
1897-1900George Hatfield
1901Helen Northey
1901-1903Margaret Regan