banner

White City

White City was a small village designed as a Marriage Quarters settlement, work commenced in May 1951. The name was a direct association to the colour of the buildings. The settlement was located near Driffield Road South-East of the rail line serving the Morwell Briquette Factory. Very little information is available on White City, and would appreciate any information by the viewer on this historical settlement.
line
whitecity

Site of White City married Quarters looking east from western boundary

whitecity

Looking east from west boundary of White City married quarters before construction 23/5/1951

whitecity

White City married Quarters showing completed house 21/11/1951

whitecity

White City married Quarters showing completed house 10/7/1951

line line line line
whitecity

Looking N-East from west boundary of White City Married Quarters 23/5/1951

whitecity

White City Married Quarters under construction 10/7/1951

whitecity

Road & drainage works at White City Married Quarters showing some completed  houses 10/7/1951

line line line

scroll