Hazelwood North School 2382
This school was officially opened on 28th. July 1881. The site was approximately four miles South-West of Morwell. It was originally known as Maryvale East School, but this was very confusing as the school was not within the boundaries of the old Maryvale cattle run, but within the confines of the Northern section of the Hazelwood station. The name was changed to Hazelwood North in 1914. The early years were a struggle for the school and it had to operate on a half-time basis with Bennett’s Creek school from 1883 until 1889. At about the turn of the century the school was moved to its present site in Church Road, the site was approximately one mile North and nearer to Morwell.
|1931-1932||Miss G. E. McConachy|
|1950-1952||Albert P. Higgins|